Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last day of school!

Well today was my daughters last day of school. I think I was more emotional about it then she was. Seems so hard to believe she is finished JK and next year will be in SK. It seems like just yesterday that we were walking her to her first day to meet her teacher and she was so excited about it! That excitement never wore off for her. She loved each and every day that she was able to go to school and learn more. She has become such a wonderful reader. She has surpassed the kindergarten reading level and is reading at a Grade 2 level. She developed a wonderful bond with her teacher and we hope to be able to stay in contact with her. I wanted to do something a little special for her so I made a few things for her to use. We bought her a Tim Hortons gift (Sydney told us all about her liking Timmy's coffee) and we went to Laura Secord and picked up a box of chocolates that had a chocolate apple on top.

Here are a few pics of the gifts I made for her. The one set of larger cards was a kit that I had purchased from a wonderful scrapper I know. Go here to check out her work! She designed some great cards and I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to give them away as a present. I have only added one image for the cards but there were 6 different ones in there (with different sentiments)

I also made this for her. A little purse to hold 4 notecards. I thought it was just too adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment