Friday, July 15, 2011

Inspiration time!


This week I had the pleasure of coming up with a challenge on the APOS! forum. I recently purchased a new sewing machine and was inspired by it. Now I didn't use it on my layout I opted instead to hand sew everything but I plan on using my new machine in the near future to create a few things. That is the great part about stitching on your layouts if you don't have a sewing machine there is still a ton of things that can be done by hand.

When looking around the internet I found lots of inspiration but there was one site that
I just loved. I used a sketch from them. It is called Sketch Support.

Now onto my layout. I hand drew the scallop border at the bottom and then punched holes then hand stitched. I stitched around my stars and part of my titl
e. Lastly I stitched around one of the background papers. I used
the Snow Day paper by Crate paper. I loved that I didn't have to use it for a winter layout. The paper is really versatile.

And don't forget the online crop that starts tonight at 6 pm (NB time). The theme is games and I can't wait to see what Tammy has for us.









No comments:

Post a Comment