Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Finding the light and a card

A few years back I found out about a lovely lady who does online photography courses.  She has this way of explaining things that doesn't require a lot of thinking.  I find some concepts on photography a bit confusing.  Picking up a DSLR camera for the first time and wanting to get off the auto setting can be scary.  Katrina Kennedy makes it less scary and easier to figure out.  I don't believe I am close to using the manual setting but I am happy to play with Aperture and Shutter priority until the time comes that I am confident enough to move on to manual.

So when I found out that she was going to be running a Capture your kids class through her website Capture Your 365 I knew I had to sign up for it.  Her step by step lessons are fantastic and she is always available to answer your questions in the forum.  Then there are all the photos being posted that inspire me to change the way I think when capturing the everyday moments.  This weeks lesson is all about finding the light.  Something that I find hard to get right (especially when indoors).  So I seized the opportunity today while my son has been home sick and snapped away.  It is a rainy overcast day but I think I still managed to get some good light and learn more about my camera and what settings I need to change to get a good photo indoors.  So here is the photo I took of my little guy as he was lying on the couch watching t.v this morning.  Whenever he gets a nasty cold (or croup in this case) his eyes always water.  So that is why he has a tear.


Next onto my card.  I was playing up in my scrappy room and decided to make a card for my hubby for Valentines day (here's hoping he doesn't read my blog before then).  I got the idea from Pinterest to cut out the heart and put paper in behind it.  It's not a fancy card but it is one I know he will love.


Stay tuned for a layout.  I started working on it last week but had to stop so I am hoping to get up to my room later on today and finish it off.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little dude, I hope he is feeling better now. You captured the light perfectly, Jen. He looks angelic even though he was feeling under the weather. Travis will love the card - homemade is always better!

    ReplyDelete