Thursday, January 3, 2013

WOW!  It has been almost a year since I last posted and sadly a year since I have scrapbooked.  Time seemed to have gotten away from me.  I have decided many things are going to change and one of them will be to take the time to do what I love...scrapbooking!  I will be back to post more about my plans on that but for today I wanted to share a little something that my daughter and I sat down and did.  She has a birthday party that she is going to tomorrow and I thought it would be fun to make the card together and then make a few other things I saw on pinterest.

So first off the card.  Last year I picked up the Paisley cricut cartridge for a good price but have never used it.  They have such cute images on it that I decided I needed to use one of them for the card.  That is where this little guy comes in.


Isn't he cute!  Next I figured we should do an easel card.  I have never done one before and I knew it would be an easy one to do with my daughter.  So after making the frog we set out to find matching pattern paper.  I really like the one we decided on.  The frog seems to 'pop' on it.  Next the saying isn't fancy but I didn't think we needed one for an 8 year old.  I printed one out on cardstock since I don't have a lot of stamps...just generic ones.  So this is what we ended up with.



Now for the pinterest idea.  I got the idea from here.  I thought they were so cute and super easy to make as an add on to a birthday girl that loves to read.  So my daughter picked 2 animals from the Paisley cartridge and we started cutting.  I am very pleased with how they turn out and can't wait to make a few for my daughters birthday.


Until next time....Happy Crafting!  Oh and sorry the pics are a bit dark.  It was later in the afternoon when I took them and since they are heading to their permanent home tomorrow this is the best I can get.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Welcome back to the blogging world! I can't wait to see what you create in that new craft world of yours!! I love these bookmarks - and so does my daughter. We might be "cricut-ting" today, too! I don't scrapbook as much as I used to, but have streamlined my approach so that it still gets done and the memories kept. I use the We R Memory Keepers divided page protectors and scrap just 4x6 photos. Much quicker!!

    ReplyDelete