Monday, May 3, 2010

April DT Reveal - CARDS!

This month we were given the task to create cards with our paper. But not the ordinary card we needed to do something a little different - Shaped cards! I was given paper by Sassafras Lass - some from the Amplify line and some from the Sweet Marmalade line. At first I was a bit stumped as to what I would do but after a bit of thought I think I came up with some cute cards.
I made this cake card for my Mom's birthday. I freehanded the cake shape and then paper pieced the 3 layers on top of it.
I cut the shape from my Storybook cricut cartridge for this one. This card I am giving to my husband for our 7th wedding anniversary on May 10th. The inside will read: Love is a friendship set to music.
I made this clown hat card for my niece who just turned 6. She was having a clown themed party.
A fun circle birthday card.
This is one of the cards that will go to my kids teachers. I will be making 2 more just like it for their end of the year gifts. It swivels open and is held together with a brad.


Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for their reveals. Valerie, Cheryl, Candace and Cori-lyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment